Thursday, April 22, 2010

Meghna Naidu was seen bonding with Andrew Symonds



Meghna Naidu was seen partying with Deccan Charger cricketer Andrew Symonds on Monday night at a five-star in the city. The two were seen in a group of common friends, immediately bonding, enjoying a few drinks and dancing away. However, Meghna claims that she's just supporting the Chargers and met Andrew for the first time. Naidu says, "I just happened to meet him through common friends. I am supporting both Mumbai Indians and Deccan Chargers, so I was there to cheer the team. I am actually a fan and think Andrew's a fantastic player."

Even though she's newly single after splitting with actor Kushal Punjabi, Meghna claims there's nothing brewing between her and the cricketer. "Please don't read too much into us hanging out. Everyone comes and supports their favourite teams. I went out and cheered the Chargers."

About her break-up, she adds, "I am single at the moment. But Kushal and I are still friends. Sometimes things don't work out as expected and all you can do it put that behind and move on. He is a great guy and I definitely don't want to lose him as a friend."